Data and Technology Manager
The Fund for our Economic Future (“Fund”) seeks a full-time Data and Technology Manager to join its team. The Fund is primarily an in-office environment, with some remote work and schedule flexibility possible. This position reports supports a range of positions and reports to the Director of Operations. It has a starting salary of $60,000 with some upward flexibility for a candidate with demonstrated capabilities and significant relevant prior experience. Proposals for alternative to full time arrangements, e.g., part-time or contracted support, may be considered.
Founded in 2004, the Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing equitable economic growth in Northeast Ohio. It is based in a unique membership model that brings together leaders from across sectors and throughout the region to collectively invest in, test, and amplify strategies for equitable growth. Ultimately, it unites understanding and actions to drive lasting change for Northeast Ohio’s economy and get to a better tomorrow, for all. For more about the Fund for Our Economic Future, please visit www.thefundneo.org.
The person most likely to succeed in this role has a strong process mindset with great attention to detail, demonstrated aptitude for technology and data systems. They will support the definition and improvement of the organization’s technology architecture; management, analysis and visualization of organizational data; and the team’s adherence to defined norms, ultimately enabling a set of reliable, accurate and secure information system that produces actionable insights, measures performance and drives better decision making.
The Data and Technology Manager is responsible for overseeing the secure and effective management of data systems and technology for the Fund.
Data Management. Manager will lead and execute the collection, storage and management of all data related to organizational operations.
- Developing, codifying and implementing standard operating procedures for secure and effective data collection and tracking across systems;
- Supporting staff in maintaining up-to-date and accurate data;
- Designing and producing reports to enable accurate, data-driven decision-making and performance management.
- Generating regular reports to enable management decision making.
Technology Planning and Support. Manager will serve as the central staff point of contact for technology troubleshooting, security and device management.
- Coordinating support with data system and service providers to troubleshoot technology issues;
- Providing and coordinating staff training on technology systems and data management practices;
- Assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements;
- Support staff in developing and assessing data- and technology-related requests for proposals for data analysis, data visualization, and other related technologies to enable the execution of strategic initiatives.
Education and Experience Specific to the Position:
A Bachelor’s degree is not required for this position. Candidates should be able to demonstrate technical capabilities through some combination of certifications, formal degrees and work experience.
The Fund works primarily with Microsoft products and cloud resources. General experience in both is required, specifically:
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially Excel) required;
- Experience with Microsoft 365 applications for data management and integration (such as SharePoint, Power Automate, Dynamics, etc.) required; and
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn, adopt and adapt to new data systems.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accountability
- Ability to translate complex data outputs into meaningful insights
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms
- Other important qualities include strong personal initiative, service orientation, ability to self-manage, facilitation and training skills, and a collaborative, problem-solving mindset
Good to Know:
- The Fund is a mission-driven organization. Candidates best suited to this work are those excited about and ready to engage on tough issues related to advancing a growing, more equitable economy for all residents of Northeast Ohio, regardless of race or place.
- The Fund values its staff and offers (and encourages use of!) competitive paid time off. Full time staff are covered by medical, dental, and short and long-term disability policies.
- We seek to build a caring, high-performance culture. We also strive to be an environment where achieving excellence at work doesn’t prevent team members from living full outside-of-work lives.
- The Fund is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. We embrace and celebrate diversity and strive to create genuine belonging for all.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Carolyn Cleveland (email@example.com). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.