We build shared community commitment to Growth & Opportunity by:
- Sponsoring targeted research on “What Matters” and what works to achieve Growth & Opportunity with a particular focus on the needs of Northeast Ohio.
- Serving as a forum for Fund members to come together, learn, build networks, and set joint priorities.
- Communicating the importance of Growth & Opportunity to and engaging with key civic leaders, encouraging them to embed Growth & Opportunity into their own strategies.
We advance a regional economic competitiveness strategy that results in Growth & Opportunity by:
- Serving as a focal point for philanthropic input to Team NEO—a partnership between business, philanthropy and JobsOhio to improve the competitiveness of our region. We work with Team NEO’s board and staff to set priorities, mobilize resources, establish metrics, track performance, and make course corrections. We provide leadership and other support to strengthen business development outcomes, and ensure the strategy ultimately results in Growth & Opportunity.
We shape and support Growth & Opportunity initiatives that lead to improved job creation, job preparation and job access. These include initiatives to:
- Grow biosciences and other targeted industry clusters.
- Promote entrepreneurship networks and outcomes.
- Accelerate companies with high-growth potential.
- Strengthen business development networks and outcomes.
- Support networks that strengthen the service delivery ecosystem for adult workforce.
- Foster industry-focused talent initiatives.
- Provide philanthropic “R&D” to test new workforce system practices.
- Bring good jobs to people in economically distressed communities.
- Enhance connections of people to jobs.
- Address social barriers to job access.